Erasmus+ is the new EU programme which aims to support actions in the fields of Education, Training, Youth and Sport for the period 2014-2020. It replaces and brings together seven existing programmes, including Tempus and Erasmus Mundus.
In order to achieve its objectives, Erasmus+ Programme implements the following 3 Key Actions (KA) and other activities:
- Learning mobility of individuals (KA1)
- Cooperation for innovation and exchange of good practices (KA2)
- Support for policy reform (KA3)
- Jean Monnet Activities
- Actions in the field of sport
Erasmus+ Programme is open to the following countries:
PROGRAMME COUNTRIES, which can fully take part in all the Actions of the Erasmus+ Programme:
28 Member States of the European Union (EU) and 5 Non EU Programme Countries (former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey).
PARTNER COUNTRIES, which can take part in certain Actions of the Programme, subject to specific criteria or conditions:
Eastern Partnership countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine,
Southern Mediterranean countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia,
Western Balkans: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo (in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence),
Other: Russian Federation
OTHER PARTNER COUNTRIES: some Actions of the Programme are open to any Partner Country of the world. For some other Actions the geographical scope is less broad.
The contacts of Programme Countries’ National Agencies can be found at: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/national_agencies_en.htm
The contacts of the Partner Countries’ National Erasmus+ Offices can be found at: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/contacts/national-erasmus-plus-offices_en
The mandate of Partner Countries’ National Erasmus+ Offices under the Erasmus+ programme covers all supporting, promotion, monitoring and dissemination activities related to the international higher education dimension of the programme (in Key Actions 1, 2 and3).
The international higher education dimension of the Erasmus+ programme includes:
- Key Action 1:
- International Credit Mobility
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMDs)
- Key Action 2:
- Capacity Building in Higher Edication (CBHE) Projects
- Knowledge Alliances and Strategic Partnerships that are open to partner country’s participation.
- Key Action 3:
- Teams of Higher Education Reform Experts
- Commission’s policy dialogues with the partner countries/regions
- Regional chapters of Erasmus+ Alumni associations in the partner countries
- Jean Monnet Activities
For more detailed information on the programme refer to Erasmus+ Programme Guide
Follow Us on Facebook