In 2008 the European Commission initiated a setup of a small team of experts in higher education at each Partner Country. The purpose of the National Teams of Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs) is to provide a pool of expertise in certain areas to promote and enhance progress toward the Lisbon and Bologna objectives in the light of national needs and aspirations.
The overall context of the work carried out by the National Team is:
- Implementing principles of the Lisbon and Bologna action lines as the introduction of the framework for qualifications for innovative and transparent higher education.
- Lifelong learning strategy development through counseling to higher education institutions.
HERE-Armenia is involved in different promotional and awareness-raising activities providing counseling to higher education institutions on the following areas:
- Quality Assurance (internal and external);
- The Three Cycle System: curricular reform, national and European Qualification Frameworks (NQF/EQF), Tuning;
- Recognition (ECTS, Diploma Supplement, Europass, Lisbon Recognition Convention).
In February 2017, by the joint agreement of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Armenia and National Erasmus+ Office in Armenia, the people below were selected (reappointed) as Armenian experts in higher education: