In 2008 the European Commission initiated a setup of a small team of experts in higher education at each Partner Country. The purpose of the National Teams of Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs) is to provide a pool of expertise in certain areas to promote and enhance progress toward the Lisbon and Bologna objectives in the light of national needs and aspirations.
The mission of the National team of HERE is threefold:
- Support policy development in their respective countries by supporting modernisation reform processes and strategies in Higher Education, in close contact with the local authorities concerned and in particular as regards for instance curriculum development, modernisation of governance, management and functioning of higher education systems and institutions, strengthening relations between the higher education sector and the wider societal and economic environment, etc.
- Support policy dialogue with the EU in the field of higher education possibly in synergy and coordination with the various policy platforms established under the Erasmus+ programme or other potential initiatives established by, and under the guidance of, the European Commission.
- Support Erasmus+ and EU funded projects by disseminating their results and outcomes, notably best practices and innovative initiatives and exploiting them for modernisation and development purposes.
HERE-Armenia is involved in different promotional and awareness-raising activities providing counseling to higher education institutions on the following areas:
- Quality Assurance (internal and external);
- The Three Cycle System: curricular reform, national and European Qualification Frameworks (NQF/EQF), Tuning;
- Recognition (ECTS, Diploma Supplement, Europass, Lisbon Recognition Convention).
In October 2022, by the joint agreement of the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of the Republic of Armenia, the Delegation of the EU to Armenia and the National Erasmus+ Office in Armenia, the people below were selected (reappointed) as the Armenian experts in higher education: