Call for Participation in Series of Webinars within Erasmus+ “MODEST” Project
Erasmus+“Modernization Of Doctoral Education In Science And Improvement Of Teaching Methodologies” (MODEST) project announces an open call for participation in a series of webinars targeted at doctoral/Ph.D. students, professors, researchers, teachers, Ph.D. students, and young researchers, as well as other participants interested in the 3rd cycle education in Armenia.
Date: 25 January 2021, 18:00 Armenian time
Topic: UK Experience in the Doctoral Training Center establishment
Presenter: Irina Grigorieva, Professor of Physics at the University of Manchester
Date: 04 February 2021, 12:00 Armenian time
Topic: EIT Digital Helsinki Doctoral Training Center
Presenter: Timo Sorsa, Co-location Centre Manager, EIT Digital
BONUS! On the 26th of January 2021, 16:00 Armenian time join the 1st Zoom event which will present the best lectures of the new Ph.D. courses developed within the MODEST project for the Strand-B “Teaching and Learning”:
- Organization of doctoral training
- Educational/ constructive alignment. Design & implementation courses for Ph.D. studies
- Digital literacy
- Data analysis and expert systems
- Virtual environment
More detailed Agenda and the Zoom link are available here: http://bit.ly/39PTdTp
All 3 webinars aim to share experience, steer discussions and get feedback on the following topics:
- Reasons for establishment of Doctoral Training Centers (DTCs)
- Problems in the training of Ph.D. students and how they have been addressed by DTCs;
- How Ph.D. training programs are being developed and evolving at the DTC: who makes the decision and how the program is approved, assessment of the effectiveness of the program (modules), interaction with internal and external partners, ensuring multidisciplinarity, etc.
- What are the requirements for the knowledge and skills of candidates who want to study at the DTCs?
- Management of the DTC and interaction with academic and industrial partners.
- Networking and information sharing between the Doctoral Training Centers
The Erasmus+ MODEST project aims at the modernization of doctoral education in Science in European countries and Armenia, Belarus, and Russia. Its wider project objective is to enhance cooperation capacities of Higher Educational Institutions (HEI) of Partner Countries in the field of Doctoral Studies within European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and Europe-an Research Area (ERA) https://www.emodest.eu/